HSO (Homeostatic Soil Organisms) probiotic
Eat dirt – or at least some of the microbes in it? Well, it may not be such a bad idea – especially if you help your clients do it strategically. This blend of two carefully selected, safe and effective HSO- (soil) based probiotics keeps digestion on track and the immune system strong.*
Primal Soil™ Probiotics
- Give you two proven HSO (soil) bacteria: Bacillus coagulans and Bacillus subtilis, identified with independent DNA testing to ensure purity.
- Contains probiotic bacteria clinically proven to help with diarrhea, digestive comfort, cholesterol health, inflammation and immune strength (more below).*
- Produces short-chain fatty acids other probiotic bacteria love, increasingthe effectiveness of other probiotics.
- Spore-forming bacteria can survive stomach acid. Research indicatesan estimated 85% will reach the small intestine.
- Takes four to six hours to germinate in the small intestine.
- Is free of common allergens – does not contain milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, yeast or soy.
- Has been extensively tested and proven safe for adults,* but should not be used if your clients are critically ill or immunocompromised.
- Are transient bacteria, not meant for long-term use. We recommend taking this no longer than two months at a time.
- Gives you 2+ billion CFUs per capsule
- Does not need refrigeration.
These “soil-based” HSO bacteria may be more a part of us than we knew
Since the dawn of humans, we have ingested bacteria from the soil on the food we eat. Many could be an essential part of our health, passing through and balancing our internal ecology.
Research on HSO, soil-based probiotics is relatively new. That being said, there’s no question these organisms have been part of our diet and inner ecology for millennia. But thanks to our hyper-sanitary environment and distance from farming, we may be missing some of these essential strains.
While these microbes form spores that are found in the soil and rocks, they also germinate inside the digestive tracts of animals (including humans). And their transitory stays in our system may be important for our health.
A growing body of research indicates probiotic soil bacteria may provide critical health benefits, such as helping with diarrhea, digestive discomfort, vaginal health, cholesterol levels and joint comfort.*
What’s more, they may even help other probiotic bacteria take hold in our digestive tract, and increase their effectiveness, to boot!*
Finally, because soil-based bacteria have the ability to form spores, they are much more durable than other probiotic strains. They can withstand changes in temperature and moisture. Most significantly, they can survive stomach acid to effectively colonize the small intestine.
These microbes can get to your intestines when you need reliable help fast!
Because of these advantages…
Health professionals and customers asked us for a reliable HSO, soil-based probiotic
Organic 3 listened.
That being said, we still wanted to formulate Primal Soil™ with extreme care.
Many probiotic supplements use these strains because they don’t need refrigeration. But unfortunately, some manufacturers have gotten sloppy about maintaining product integrity. Too often, manufacturers do not use DNA testing for purity. They can be contaminated with other microbes, and some may even be dangerous for your health.
Furthermore, some soil-based strains endorsed as “helpful probiotic bacteria” have not been properly researched when it comes to human health.
We wanted to make sure what we offered you was proven to be safe and effective.
So we pored through the research and carefully chose two strains that had solid safety records and extensive records of providing health benefits to humans.
Primal Soil™ gives you the most effective and safe HSO probiotic bacteria
Primal Soil™ contains Bacillus coagulans (sometimes known as Lactobacillus sporogenes) and Bacillus subtilis – two special strains that are clinically proven to be safe and effective. While other soil-based probiotics may include several more strains, we made it a priority to only include the ones known to help.
- Both have clinical research behind them. Depending on your health situation, they can be a helpful short-term addition to your gut health regimen.
- Both are durable and require no refrigeration.
- Both strains have been thoroughly tested and proven generally safe to use. To date, there are no known cases of children or adults, who have diarrhea but are otherwise healthy, developing bacterial infections from these two Bacillus bacteria.
However, please note: While there is evidence that they are helpful for relatively healthy people, there have been a few rare cases where these strains may have been linked to septicemia. Thus most health practitioners recommend they should not be used by severely ill people; particularly if the immune system is compromised.
We also recommend Primal Soil ™ be used on a short term basis – for no more than two months.
Below are some of the specifics behind the two strains in Primal Soil™…
Bacillus Subtilus has a long history of helping with diarrhea*
First identified in the dung of camels, B. subtilis has a long history of helping with diarrhea. In fact, during World War II, in order to prevent diarrhea, it became part of the standard rations for German troops in North Africa.*
Ingesting B. subtilis may assist in cleaning up your digestive system, making it possible to start fresh.* B. subtilis produces as many as 66 different chemicals that can help eliminate unwanted bacteria.* It is distinctive from other probiotic bacteria in its ability to make the digestive tract inhospitable to a large spectrum of troublesome microbes.
And B. subtilis not only wards off unwanted bacteria – lab research on this strain indicates it produces a protein that may help create an inhospitable environment for fungi like Candida albicans.*
B. subtilis has another claim to fame as the bacteria responsible for the production of nattokinase, a powerful enzyme that has been shown to help keep blood circulating easily throughout the body.*
When it comes to your immune system, human studies have confirmed its immune-bolstering qualities:
- A study from the International Journal of Immunopharmacology revealed that when healthy adults took B. subtilis supplements, it increased the activation markers on circulating lymphocytes.*
- A clinical study involving 100 elderly people ages 60 to 74 showed that B. subtilis may have an impact on keeping your immune system strong. In this study, a subset of the group who took the probiotic supplement showed significant increases in immune response. This same subset also enjoyed a noteworthy healthy winter.
Clinical research shows Bacillus Coagulans helps keep digestion comfortable
B. coagulans was discovered in 1915 in evaporated milk that had mysteriously curdled. A lactic acid producing bacteria, it was first mistakenly lumped in with other lactic acid bacteria and named Lactobacillus sporogenes.
B. coagulans pairs beautifully with B. subtilis in encouraging the growth of helpful microbes in your body while discouraging the growth of unwanted ones. Like B. subtilis, B. coagulans also produces bacteriocins – proteins that inhibit the growth of troublesome bacteria.
Its lactic acid production also keeps your digestive tract inhospitable to certain microbes. To allay any concerns, it only produces the L-lactate isomer that has not been associated with D-lactate acidosis.
When it comes to encouraging a community of helpful microbes, B. coagulans makes the short chain fatty acids that probiotic bacteria love. In fact, a few studies indicate it can increase the effectiveness of other probiotic bacteria by as much as 20% to 30%!
This bodes well for any troubled digestive tract:
- In one clinical study involving children, B. coagulans seemed to help cut short bouts with diarrhea associated with antibiotics.* In this study, B. coagulans seemed to cut the risk in half of developing antibiotic associated diarrhea as compared to the placebo group.
- In another small-scale double-blind placebo controlled study involving 30 patients, researchers found that B. coagulans brought great results. The participants were divided into two groups and both groups received antibiotics. Only one group took B. coagulans as well. By the end of the 15- day period, the group taking B. coagulans had no stomach pain and saw a significant decrease in gas and diarrhea.
- Additional studies have linked B. coagulans to reducing abdominal pain and gas, supporting healthy cholesterol levels, strengthening immune response, keeping the vagina healthy, comfortable joints, healthy teeth, and digesting milk thanks to its lactase activity!*
Take one capsule daily with food. Primal Soil™ should be taken short-term (no more than two months) or as instructed by a qualified healthcare professional. Primal Soil™ should be taken in the later stages of gut healing. DO NOT take Primal Soil™ if you are immune compromised. Capsules may be pulled apart and the contents taken in smaller doses.
Primal Soil™ does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place.
Add a tactical dimension to the probiotic regimen you recommend to your clients with Primal Soil™
As you can see, this soil-based probiotic formulation has been carefully designed to give you only safe and effective support.
Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus coagulans have been studied extensively. One or both of them are proven in studies mentioned above to help with digestive health, immune health as well as cholesterol, joint and vaginal health.* Plus, they’re distinctive in their ability to make it through the acidic stomach and get right to your intestine where you need them.
If you’re a retailer, here’s more information on where to buy Primal Soil™.
You can also apply for a wholesale account today (practitioners and retailers alike)!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.