Help your most sensitive clients restore their gut ecology with this low-histamine probiotic
As many practitioners have discovered, some commercial probiotic formulations can trigger unwelcome reactions. Not here. This low histamine probiotic is appropriate for people who are particularly sensitive to certain strains. So you can help your clients restore their gut ecology* – without the problems that go hand-in-hand with other formulas.
Click here to read GutPro® reviews.
GutPro® Probiotic Capsules
- A potent, condensed and pure probiotic with just the right blend of bacteria…
- Contains only histamine-neutral or histamine-degrading strains of probiotic bacteria.
- Comes in an easy to take, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, the most benign filler that satisfies the requirements of the most demanding customers).
- Contains eight clinically-proven strains of human probiotics (L. plantarum, L. gasseri, L. salivarius, B. bifidum, B. breve, B. infantis, B. longum, B. lactis).
- Gives you 5+ billion CFUs per capsule.
- Is appropriate for people using diets including GAPS, SIBO, Body Ecology, Autism/PDD-NOS, PANDA/PANS, Paleo, AIP, Ketogenic, gluten-free, soy-free and casein-free (Please note: While GutPro® was designed based on feedback from these specific communities, we do not imply that it’s intended to treat a specific medical condition, nor do we imply it’s “compliant” with a specific diet).*
- Does not contain strains known to contribute to d-lactate acidosis.
- Does not contain streptococcus thermophilus or other strains linked to irritation.
- Does not contain any spore-forming strains of probiotics (e.g. soil bacteria)..
- Is free of inulin, maltodextrin and other prebiotics.
- Is free of excipients and other added ingredients, i.e. magnesium stearate, silica, titanium dioxide.
- Is free of common allergens. All strains are grown on a dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian, non-GMO culture. Does not contain milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, yeast, corn or soy.
A few more quick notes:
- For a probiotic formulation for babies and children, please try GutPro® Infant.
- For our most comprehensive probiotic, please try our 13-strain formula, Primal Gut®.
Help your clients avoid probiotic “landmines”
As a natural health practitioner, you know how important gut ecology is for health. The research on the microbiome is astounding… and we’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg.
One thing we’re learning about probiotics is that not all strains are beneficial for everyone. People struggling with particular sensitivities can find that some probiotics bring more bad than good. Over the years, we’ve gathered feedback from practitioners, parents and people who are using diets designed for GAPS, SIBO, Body Ecology, Autism/PDD-NOS, PANDA/PANS, Paleo, AIP, Ketogenic, gluten-free, soy-free, or casein-free.
Based on what we’ve learned from these different groups, Organic 3 developed a unique probiotic formula.
If you’re a practitioner looking for a probiotic that you can confidently recommend to clients who are working within these parameters or have very sensitive digestive systems and specific health issues, GutPro® Capsules are for you, as they avoid common probiotic “landmines” that can arise with other formulas.
GutPro® Probiotic Capsules:
- Give you the diverse benefits of a blend of eight proven strains.
- Avoids the strains that can sometimes cause problems.
- No prebiotics. No common allergens. No hidden ingredients that can undermine the good you’re trying to achieve with a probiotic. For necessary encapsulation purposes, we’ve added cellulose and L-leucine to the formulation.
We’ve had customers who’ve tried a dozen – sometimes as many as 20 – different probiotic formulas. And after years of frustration and despair, they’ve told us that GutPro® was the one that finally worked for them.
Low histamine probiotic formulation
When the gut ecology gets off kilter, one can develop an intolerance to histamine. Histamines are nitrogen compounds that trigger an immune reaction.
Normally, the body breaks down histamines thanks to dioxide oxidase (DAO) and other amine oxidase enzymes. However, sometimes the body can’t produce enough DAO enzymes to keep up with histamine production and a histamine intolerance develops.
Histamine intolerance can be signaled by increased inflammation, congestion, rashes and other discomforts.
Once you’ve regained a healthy gut ecology, histamine intolerance usually diminishes. But until then, it’s better to avoid foods like cheese and alcohol that have histamines in them.
Certain strains of probiotic bacteria – like Lactobacillus casei, reuteri and bulgaricus – also produce histamines. These three probiotics are commonly found in probiotic formulations and fermented foods.
Restoring a healthy gut ecology while struggling with a histamine intolerance is a tall order. So we’ve made sure that the strains included in this formula are either histamine-neutral or histamine-degrading. That means you won’t have to worry about increasing your clients’ exposure to histamines with the probiotics they’re taking.
But histamines aren’t the only irritant we’ve kept out of this formula …
No D-Lactate acidosis
Lactobacillus acidophilus can work wonders in the gut by producing lactic acid. But for some, this can become a problem.
Lactate, derived from lactic acid, comes in two isomeric forms, d-lactate and l-lactate. Most of us have the capacity to metabolize both forms to some extent and turn it into pyruvic acid.
But for various reasons, some people can’t metabolize d-lactate effectively enough to keep up the d-lactate produced by gut bacteria. As a result, the d-lactate can build up in the body and cause d-lactate acidosis.
If this is a concern for your clients, you’ll love GutPro® Probiotic Capsules. We’ve kept any probiotic strains associated with d-lactate acidosis out of our formula.
Yes, we do include strains like Lactobacillus plantarum, which can produce d-lactate under certain conditions. But here’s what we’ve learned in our extensive research:
This strain primarily produces l-lactate. Only under certain conditions does L. plantarum produce d-lactate. Better yet, L. plantarum may even help with acidosis by helping the body maintain a lactate equilibrium. And unlike L. acidophilus, L. plantarum is transient. It doesn’t take up residence in the gut and shift the ecosystem that dramatically.
Because of the powerful health benefits associated with this strain, we decided to keep it in the formula. Based on our research and years of customer satisfaction, we’re confident it does not contribute to d-lactate acidosis.
(Note, GutPro® Infant has no L. plantarum in its formula)
GutPro® Capsules can keep your body’s d-lactate in balance. But that’s not the only way this formula is designed for your patients…
No spore-producing bacteria or streptococcus thermophilus
For people concerned about spore-producing Bacillus bacteria or Streptococcus thermophilus (e.g. soil bacteria), we’ve made sure to keep these strains out as well.
While the research is still ongoing about the impact these strains have on our systems, we believe that quite often, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. We decided to play it safe and keep this formula simple and easy on the most sensitive bodies.
But of course, it’s not just the probiotic strains you need to worry about. Most probiotics supplements are only 10% to 20% probiotics and 80% to 90% something else…
No prebiotics and free of common allergens
- There are no excipients like silica or magnesium stearate in our GutPro® Capsules.
- Again, all you will find is cellulose, the most benign filler that’s required for the encapsulation process yet satisfies the requirements of the most demanding customers.
- Nor are there any prebiotics like inulin, maltodextrin or FOS.
And, to make sure that this formula works for everyone – it’s free of common allergens! Every strain we use is grown on a dairy-free, soy-free, non-GMO vegetarian culture.
8 beneficial probiotic strains, proven by clinical research
Gutpro® gives you a super team of eight clinically-proven probiotic bacteria* . . .
Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactobacillus salivarius, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium lactis.
While we believe that no single strain in particular is the magic bullet for specific ailments and conditions – as strains should work together as they do in a healthy digestive system and the idea is to heal the overall gut first – the research on these eight strains is extensive . . . the potential health benefits enormous.*
All of these probiotic strains seem to play a role when it comes to comfortable, healthy digestion.*
For example . . .
- No less than four clinical trials have shown that L. plantarum helps support comfortable digestion – helping to minimize gas, bloating, and abdominal pain.*
- One of the first bacteria to colonize our bodies at birth, B. longum has been associated with helping to digest milk and other challenging foods. *
- Bifidobacterium breve has been shown in a few clinical trials involving pre-term babies that this special bacteria works especially well in helping to establish a healthy colony of bacteria in the gut. *
- Bifidobacterium lactis shows exciting promise in lab research to interfere with the body’s reaction to certain toxins from wheat.*
- And a recent randomized placebo-controlled study also showed that B. bifidum can help with stress-related diarrhea.*
These probiotics keep your immune system strong:
- A 2015 clinical study published in the British Journal of Nutrition showed B. bifidum helped academically stressed college students make it through the winter semester. The students who took B. bifidum had much fewer absences than the students who didn’t take the probiotic. *
They regulate your immune system for a balanced immune response:
- One of the most common probiotics, L. plantarum, seems to help regulate your immune response, reducing inflammation in the body.* Not only does L. plantarum stimulate the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines like IL-10, it also seems to stimulate the production of regulatory T-cells.*
- Several clinical trials on both adults and children indicate that l. salivarius seems to help regulate the immune system and – as a result- support healthy skin.*
They keep inflammation in check:
- Clinical research published in May, 2016 Journal of Rheumatic Diseases suggests that B. bifidum can help you maintain comfortable joint movement by helping your body manage inflammation.*
- Preliminary research on mice indicates that L. gasseri may inhibit inflammation signaling at the genetic level!*
Some help keep your mood buoyant and your brain sharp:
- Preliminary studies indicate that L. plantarum may help you strengthen your memory, concentration and improve your mood.*
- And research suggests B. infantis regulates the production of tryptophan which is the precursor for serotonin.* Serotonin is the neurotransmitter associated with a sense of satisfaction and happiness.
They may even help keep your teeth healthy and strong:
- L. salivarius seems to help keep the microbial population in your mouth healthy.*
What to expect when starting GutPro® Capsules
GutPro® Probiotic Capsules are designed for comfort. We’ve eliminated the potential problems associated with other probiotic formulas.
Nonetheless, some people may still experience a little discomfort in the initial weeks of starting GutPro®. Like with all probiotics, as you rebalance your internal ecosystem, some of the bacteria that are pushed out may not leave gracefully. As these unwanted bacteria “die off,” they can release toxins that can cause dizziness, nausea or headaches. This is a typical response to starting with probiotics.
While this kind of discomfort is normal, it shouldn’t be experienced over the long term. Within a few weeks, once a healthy microbial community is established and the body has cleaned out much of the toxins, these discomforts should end.
If this initial discomfort is too much, we suggest you decrease the amount you’re taking. For instance, going down to one capsule to start out instead of two.
Be assured that with GutPro®, we’ve removed the strains and other ingredients that can cause problems.
Adults: Take two capsules once daily with food.
Children: Take one capsule daily with food.
Sensitive adults and children: A smaller dose may be obtained by pulling apart the capsule and taking a portion of the contents.
Keep refrigerated with moisture packet inside bottle. Can be kept at room temperature for up to two weeks while traveling.
Ready to include GutPro® Probiotic Capsules in your practice?
As you well know from your practice, probiotics can’t work in a vacuum. They only amplify the healthy changes you’re helping your clients make to their diet and lifestyle. A junk food diet can’t be overcome with even the best probiotic formulation.
But when people invest time and energy into making healthy changes in their lives, this careful, low histamine probiotic formulation helps them make the most of it.
If you’re a retailer, here’s more information on where to buy GutPro® Capsules.
You can also apply for a wholesale account today (practitioners and retailers alike)!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.