Digest fats and proteins comfortably; perfect for GAPS, Paleo and real foods diets
Same great product as GutZyme® Restore- new name!
Your clients work hard to implement a real foods diet with healthy fats and proteins. Help them get the most out of it! GutZyme® HCl is the only digestive supplement on the market that combines a gentle dose of HCl (hydrochloric acid) and pepsin for people with low stomach acid production – with enzymes like lipase for protein, fat and carbohydrate digestion.
It’s custom made for people who are following the GAPS diet or are restricting their grains and carbohydrate intake, and are looking not only to restore their HCl levels, but want to maximize their absorption of fats, proteins, minerals and other nutrients.*
The common products on the market have a high dose of HCl, which can be harsh on the digestive system and yield symptoms like heartburn. Organic 3’s unique formula gives you a lower dose of HCl and three different types of lipase, an enzyme that helps digest fat. People transitioning to a Paleo or Ancestral Diet with a higher fat content rave about GutZyme® HCl, as it helps them comfortably digest their food immediately.
- Gives you three different types of lipase, providing 500 FIP (Fungal Lipase International Standard, or 1 unit of enzyme activity) for help digesting fats.
- Gives you 200 mg of HCl per capsule to help you bolster digestion of proteins in the stomach and discourage the survival of harmful microorganisms.*
- Per capsule, gives you 8 mg pepsin and 20,000 HUI protease peptidase complex with exopeptidase and DPP-IV activity for optimal protein digestion, that may support casein and gluten digestion.*
- Contains amylase, lactase and phytase for digestion of starches, dairy and vegetables.
- Is free of common allergens – does not contain traces of milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, soy, yeast or corn.
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Is encapsulated in vegetarian, cellulose capsules.
- Should not be taken on an empty stomach.
- Can be used in tandem or sequentially with GutZyme®, which does not have HCl and pepsin but has more digestive enzymes for carbs and veggies. Some customers start with GutZyme® HCl and then move onto only GutZyme® after their HCl levels are up. Some use the two in tandem for different meals over the same day.
Warning: As GutZyme® HCl contains HCl (hydrochloric acid), it’s not intended for babies or toddlers unless otherwise prescribed by a healthcare professional. Please do not open the capsule, as consuming the powder directly may erode tooth enamel cause and/or irritate the soft tissue lining of the mouth and esophagus. Do not take this product if you have an ulcer. If you experience any stomach upset or heartburn, discontinue use immediately. Keep out of reach of children.
Optimizes GAPS, Paleo and real foods diets
If you’re putting time and energy into preparing protein-rich, real foods with healthy fats, you want to get the most out of them. GutZyme® HCl allows you to get every ounce of nourishment out of your diet.
Yes, it has digestive enzymes for carbs, dairy and veggies. But the emphasis is on lipase, pepsin and other proteases for digesting fats and protein.
Even more, it contains a critical digestive substance you won’t find combined with pepsin in most other digestive supplements: Hydrochloric acid (HCl).
GutZyme® HCl gives you HCl along with pepsin.
Because of this somewhat unique combination, GutZyme® HCl is one of the few digestive supplements designed specifically to support the comfortable digestion of protein and fats.*
For example, at a recent conference, a certified GAPS practitioner approached us and explained she’s been implementing the GAPS diet with her son. While it seemed to be helping, he was also stuck.
Yet when she started giving him GutZyme® HCl, she said it was like a lightbulb flicked on in her son. All of a sudden, everything started working like she’d hoped. Her son’s cognitive and physical health finally hit the levels she had been working so hard to help him achieve.
Help your clients get more out of the fats they’re consuming
Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, creator of the GAPS Diet, urges people looking to heal their digestive systems to get more healthy fats in their diets. As she explains, “All natural fats on meats – lamb, pork, beef, poultry, etc. – are the best fats for GAPS people. They provide all the right nutrients for restoring immunity, gut and nervous system.”
As Dr. Campbell-McBride underscores, we need fats – saturated, polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, essential and cholesterol – to support the health of our brains, hearts, glands and overall immune systems.
But despite the body’s need for these fats, shifting to the rich GAPS or real foods diet isn’t as easy as it may seem. After decades of toeing the line with the widely preached low-fat diet, many people have lost much of their ability to process fats.
That’s why lipase supplements are so important. Lipase, one of the enzymes that digest fats, is critical for breaking down these nourishing foods. And until the body makes enough to accommodate a fattier diet, supplementation may be a necessity.
Gutzyme® HCl provides the lipase people need to digest fats. Plus, because of the HCl, it also can help increase bile production, which is also a critical part of digesting fats.
Why taking HCl is so critical for comfortable digestion
A healthy stomach is key to overall digestive health.
Dr. Campbell-McBride is also proponent of HCl. She says, “HCl is like the first critical person in an assembly line. If HCl isn’t there in adequate amounts, nothing can quite make up for it. The whole assembly line breaks down.”
HCl performs a number of important jobs in digestion:
- Starts the breakdown of protein: Not only does this help you access the protein building blocks your body needs, but it can also allow you to access critical nutrients. For example, the first step to digesting B12 is breaking the vitamin off of the proteins in foods that it is initially attached to.
- Activates the proteolytic (protein-digesting) enzyme, pepsin: This further aids in the digestion of protein.
- Temporarily suspends the digestion of carbohydrates: … that started with your saliva until the food reaches the intestine where carbohydrates are digested fully.
- Sanitizes your food: Killing unwanted microbes that hitchhike on food in order to get inside of you.
- Helps trigger the release of pancreatic enzymes and bile: Food leaving the stomach needs to be acidic enough to trigger the release of two hormones, secretin and cholecystokinin. These two hormones, in turn, trigger the release of mucus, alkalizing bicarbonate from the pancreas, pancreatic enzymes, the production of bile in the liver and the release of bile from the gall bladder. If your stomach doesn’t have enough acid, it can’t get the food down to the pH necessary to trigger all of these critical digestive activities.
When you have enough HCl in your stomach, you can ensure your whole digestive process will start off in the right way.*
What happens when you don’t have enough HCl in your stomach
Unfortunately, some people have a hard time producing enough HCl.
- This is particularly true when you’re older. In fact, an estimated 30% of men and women over 60 stop producing enough acid. Some produce none at all.
- Sometimes stress or illness can also trigger a decrease in acid production.
- Antacids and proton pump inhibitors are responsible for many people’s problems with hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid).
- It also may be a problem for some children. In one very small study, half of the children in the study with autism had low stomach acid.
GutZyme® HCl gives you the HCl you need for your stomach to do its job. Here are some possibilities that can occur if you don’t have enough…
- You miss out on critical nutrients and minerals that have not been released through the process of digestion. Low HCl has been linked to the inability to digest essential minerals such as magnesium, zinc, selenium and the vitamins B12, thiamine and folate.
- Unwelcome microbes stow away on your food and take up residence in your stomach and intestines. Research has shown that low stomach acidity is linked to microbial blooms in the beginning of the small intestine. Some of these microbes take up residence around the sphincter muscle at the top of your stomach, paralyzing the sphincter. As a result, partially digested food from your stomach along with the little acid in the mix bubbles up causing heartburn and acid reflux. Acid reflux is often a sign of low stomach acid!
- Digestion of carbohydrates doesn’t stop in the stomach like it’s supposed to. Microbes that have also survived into your stomach thanks to the low pH ferment the carbohydrates, causing gas and bloating.
- Your pancreatic enzymes are not released, making it harder for your body to finish digesting foods in the small intestine.
- You can experience brain fog and low energy. Your entire body needs the amino acid building blocks of protein to function. Enzymes, neurotransmitters, muscles, connective tissue . . . all of these are proteins. And if you can’t digest protein properly, you can’t make these important materials. Even worse, some proteins when improperly broken down can form opiate-like substances that disrupt brain chemistry and development.
GutZyme® HCl contains a protease peptidase complex with exopeptidase and DPP-IV enzymes
On top of the basic protein-digester, HCl with pepsin, we’ve included a few other more specific protein enzymes. Chief among them is the DPP-IV enzymes.
The discovery of DPP-IV enzymes opened up a whole new world of potential relief for people who have issues with certain proteins like gluten and casein.
According to lab studies, this special enzyme is one of the few enzymes that can help with the breakdown of proteins rich in the amino acid, proline, like gluten and casein.
Most health experts recommend using it as a safeguard if you’re worried something may contain gluten.* Please understand this doesn’t mean digging into a loaf of bread or bowl of pasta simply because you’ve added this to your supplements.
The DPP-IV enzymes in GutZyme® HCl serve more as an additional safety net than as something that can reverse the gluten or dairy challenge you’re facing.
Finally, as an added bonus, DPP-IV enzymes also seem to support a strong immune response.
GutZyme® HCl gives you additional enzymes you need to digest fats, carbs and dairy
GutZyme® HCl is a breakthrough supplement when it comes to helping your clients get the most out of a diet rich in protein.* But it doesn’t stop there.
GutZyme® also supports the digestion of dairy (milk, yogurt, ghee), fats, carbs and vegetables.
- As you now know, the HCl initiates the process where pancreatic enzymes and bile is released so you can digest fats and carbs.
- And to help this process go even further, we’ve also included the enzymes amylase (to help digest carbs), lactase (to help digest dairy), phytase (to digest vegetables) and lipase (to digest fats).
With GutZyme® HCl, you get complete support for the upper digestive system starting right at the beginning, as it’s designed to help you get your stomach and small intestine doing what they’re supposed to do. So when your clients take the time to prepare a nourishing meal with carefully sourced proteins and fats (according to the diet you’ve laid out for them), they can get every ounce of nutrition out of it with ease.*
Plus, thanks to the modest amounts of HCl – a mere 200 mg per capsule – you can calibrate it to your clients’ needs. Unlike other HCl supplements that start at 600 mg or more, GutZyme® HCl allows you to figure out what works best for your clients.
Take 2 capsules before each meal, or as guided by a healthcare professional. GutZyme® HCl contains HCl (hydrochloric acid), an important ingredient for people with low stomach acid production.
Important: The supplements we carry are premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it’s critically important to start slowly, with a lower dosage than recommended. For example, a very small dose every other day, or even once a week, until you can determine how the supplement affects your body and what dose feels right for you.
Store in a cool, dry area, away from direct light.
Ready to help your clients get their digestive systems on track with GutZyme® HCl?
If you’re a retailer, here’s more information on where to buy.
You can also apply for a wholesale account today (practitioners and retailers alike)!