Two versions of GutZyme™ are available.
GutZyme™ Restore is the original formula that contains HCL & Pepsin. This digestive supplement is perfect for people who are following the GAPS Diet, or are restricting their grains and carbohydrate intake, and are looking not only to restore their HCL levels but want to maximize their absorption of fats, proteins, minerals and other nutrients.
GutZyme™ Assist is a digestive supplement is perfect for people who have adequate HCL levels but want to maximize their absorption of fats, proteins, minerals and other nutrients. It includes all the same enzymes as the original GutZyme™, plus additional enzymes to assist the digestion of beans and other carbohydrates. You can even open up the capsules to consume since it does not contain HCL and Pepsin.
Both GutZyme™ Formulas Contain Targeted Enzymes
- Three different types of Lipase to maximize the absorption of healthy fats and oils
- Phytase to boost mineral bioavailability and absorption
- Protease to assist in the proper digestion of protein
- Amylase to break down starchy foods
- Lactase to help digest milk sugar
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity supports optimal cleaving of casein and gluten and their exorphin peptides (casomorphin and gluteomorphin
- Assists protein breakdown but avoids excessive amounts of proteases that may irritate or inflame GI tissues
- Free of all maltodextrin (wheat, rice or corn derived) commonly used as a base in enzyme raw materials
Potent, full-spectrum enzyme blend for maximal support of intestinal function.
This high-potency, multi-enzyme formulation offers an unusually complete range of plant/microbial-based enzymes that work in concert to help maintain normal enzyme levels that support the body’s digestive capabilities and assist intestinal repair mechanisms. The broad-spectrum combination of enzymes in GutZyme™ maximizes the breakdown, absorption, and utilization of macronutrients from the widest spectrum of foods, including proteins and protein peptides, carbohydrates, lipids and fats. As such, GutZyme™ can serve as an important dietary adjunct for individuals requiring maximal nutrient uptake and for those with compromised gastrointestinal function such as maldigestion, malabsorption, dysbiosis, or intestinal inflammation.
Which GutZyme™ is Right For Me?
- We recommend GutZyme™ Restore for those people following the GAPS Diet and/or need to restore their HCL levels.
- We recommend GutZyme™ Assist for people who either already have sufficient HCL levels, consume beans (and other hard to digest vegetables), or need to open the capsule to consume enzymes.
GutZyme™ Restore Contains HCL & Pepsin
- Helps with the digestion and absorption of proteins
- Discourages the survival of harmful microorganisms
- Promotes absorption of minerals
- 200MG HCL and 4MG Pepsin in each capsule
GutZyme™ Assist Contains Additional Enzymes (without HCL)
- Glucoamylase helps to break down starch that occurs naturally in most vegetables
- Invertase is a carbohydrate-digesting enzyme that splits sucrose (common table sugar) into its component parts, glucose and fructose
- Maltase breaks down the disaccharide maltose in to two glucose molecules, which are easily oxidized by the body for energy.
- Alpha-Galactosidase helps break down the polysaccharides and oligosaccharides found in foods that are typically more-challenging to digest such as peanuts, beans, lentils and cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
- Beta-Glucanase represents a group of carbohydrate enzymes which break down glycosidic bonds within beta-glucan.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.